THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN HOSTING!
If you are a US citizen interested in hosting a child from China for two weeks in January 2020 please read through the following info and then click the link to view the eligible children.
- Children will fly from China to the Washington DC (Dulles) Airport with escorts from their orphanage and stay for two weeks probably sometime between January 5-20, 2020. To reduce additional travel and stress after arriving in America, host families who have strong potential for adoption and who live within a reasonable drive or flight of the DC airport are strongly preferred.
- Unless noted in an individual child’s profile, there is a program application fee of $500 and a hosting fee of $500. Host families will also be responsible for the costs involved in coming to DC to pick up their host child, and for providing transport back to the DC area at the end of hosting. Please choose the shortest, more direct routes/flights to reduce travel time.
- The children who are coming to the US for short term hosting are all required to return to China at the end of the hosting period, before Chinese New Year.
- Hopefully their host families, who they will get to know, will pursue their adoptions, however, should host families decline adoption other families who meet China’s guidelines may have the opportunity to meet the host children while they are here.
- The children will be told they are coming to America as a special vacation/camp and adoption will not be discussed by their American host families during their stay.
- Once the adoption process has begun families are typically able to bring their children home within 9-14 months.
- If you’re interested in adopting from China but aren’t sure about the eligibility rules please click HERE to see if you qualify for this program. Although the goal is for children to be hosted by families open to adoption, Hosting Only families may be necessary in the event a child doesn’t have a host family with adoption potential commit in time before arrival.
- Hosting Only families don’t need to meet all of China’s eligibility rules, but ALL host families will need to complete a background check and mini home study with a local home study case worker. If you are considering hosting please apply soon so there is time to complete the background checks/mini home study!
- There are grants available to cover all Placing Agency fees for families who adopt children with Down Syndrome.
- Families already signed with a placing agency and in process to adopt from China aren’t eligible for hosting at this time.
Thank you for considering hosting!