Willow was born in September 2013 and found abandoned when she was one day old. She has been diagnosed with a hand deformity, post-operative anal atresia and post-operative congenital heart disease (VSD). Don’t miss her August 2016 update below!
AGENCY DESIGNATED SPECIAL FOCUS CHILD
Willow received surgery for her anal atresia, but she doesn’t have bladder or bowel control yet and wears diapers. She had surgery to correct her ventricular septal defect when she was one year old and has reportedly fully recovered, takes no heart medication and has no restrictions on her activities. Willow also has deformities on her left hand. She is an active little girl who can crawl and say a few words. Her mental development is delayed in comparison to her peers. Willow has a ready smile, likes to play with her toys and loves hugs.
AUGUST 2016 UPDATE BELOW:
1. Please describe Willow’s mental development compared to other children her age. Is she on target? If not, do you feel she will eventually catch up? Willow’s mental development is normal on target.
2. Has she started walking independently yet, or with support? She is walking independently.
3. Has she started toilet training? If she is still wearing diapers how often does she urinate and have bowel movements? Not potty trained yet. She’s wearing diaper. She pees and poops regularly.
4. If she is still wearing diapers do you think she will eventually be toilet trained or will she require further surgery? She had surgery done for anal atresia, and it’s successful.
5. Does her heart disease require any follow up, medication or future surgery? No need to follow up. Her surgery was successful. No medication or surgery needed.
6. Is she speaking words to communicate with caretakers? If not, how does she communicate? Her communication is normal. She can make simple communication with adults.
7. Does she understand what is being said to her and follow directions? Yes.
8. Please describe her personality. She is gentle and quiet.
9. Does she live with a foster family or in the institution? She’s in the institution.
10. May we have new pictures and video? Will send later (please check back soon!)
Her updated measurements: Height:75cm; Weight: 8kg; Foot: 10cm.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE QUESTIONS BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION:
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS ENTERED CORRECTLY BEFORE SUBMITTING. If you don’t have a reply from this web site within 24 hours you may have provided an incorrect email address.